The librarianship in Trzin started in 1925 when mrs. Ivana Habjan and her son Cveto donated their own books for the library. As there were not enough books they asked people to donate their own books. At first the library was in school. When the war started the Germans wanted to destroy the library but Marjana Ručigaj hid most of the books. After the war the library started again in 1951. In 1973 Majda Ipavec took over the library but there wasnot much interest. It wasnot until 2004 for the library in Trzin to be reopened as part of the Library Domžale.